5 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Viruses on Laptops & Computers
Viruses are a type of malicious applications that can damage the system on a laptop. If the laptop has been infected by a virus, it will usually make its performance slow, some or all of the data cannot be opened, some applications cannot be opened and even errors, some folders are missing but are actually hidden by the virus.
There are several types of viruses that only attack folders by hiding them, usually, this is a kind of shortcut virus or hidden virus. Some viruses attack the Windows operating system by damaging the system so that sometimes Windows just restarts continuously.
To overcome the virus is sometimes easy and difficult, why? Because we must know the type of virus and must know what is the right antivirus to remove it from the laptop/computer.
Easy Ways to Get Rid of Viruses on Laptops/Computers
Indications of a Virus-Infected Laptop/Computer:
- The laptop becomes slow.
- The laptop often restarts.
- When plugging in the FD or memory card, suddenly all data is lost. Actually, this is just hidden by the virus.
- Windows startup becomes old, won't even boot windows.
- Some files or programs cannot be opened.
- All folders turned into one program only. Like all programs into ms word programs.
- Can't open the internet, even though there is no problem with the connection
- All folders are changed to strange names sometimes also the best names. For example, the cloud becomes nawA, etc
- Cannot change files that have been saved
After knowing the indications of a laptop infected with a virus as described above, the following is the way to deal with a laptop that has been infected with a virus.
5 Ways to Get Rid of Viruses on a Laptop or Computer
Method 1. Download Antivirus which is well known and easy to use.
Service tutorial suggestions for antivirus are AVG, AVIRA, Kaspersky, Avast, and finally Smadav.
Actually, there are many similar antiviruses, but using them sometimes makes us confused, and complicated. Therefore some of the recommended antiviruses above are highly recommended.
Download all the above antivirus on the internet, some are available for free some are paid. For the type of AVG, Avira, Avast and Smadav free versions are available. This makes it very easy for users when they want to download so they don't have to worry about paying or buying. While Kaspersky seems to only provide a paid version.
Actually, if we have enough money, buying an antivirus will be very good. Because this can help us to secure important data on our laptop or computer.
Important data will certainly be very valuable, if it gets infected with a virus then this will make the brain dizzy.
Method 2. After downloading the antivirus, please install it on your laptop or computer
TutorialServis suggestions based on experience so far. Use 2 antiviruses in 1 laptop/computer, not all installed. Use local and international antivirus to keep your laptop/computer in stable performance.
An example is to install Smadav (local antivirus) and AVG (international antivirus). Why should 2 antiviruses? must be local and international?? Because the tutorial service experience in overcoming viruses on laptops/computers is when scanning laptops using local antivirus sometimes there are stubborn viruses that are not detected, but after being scanned using an international antivirus, stubborn viruses are detected, on the contrary, there are viruses that are not detected using international antivirus but are detected using antivirus local.
It all depends on the user, this is just a suggestion and based on experience. Installing 1 antivirus is enough if it is enough to clean the infecting virus.
Method 3. After the antivirus is installed, do a total scan on the laptop/computer.
If you install 2 antiviruses, you need to scan first using a local antivirus and then use an international antivirus when finished.
In the virus scan process, usually, the shortcut virus will be detected first. A shortcut virus is a virus that infects data on a laptop and replaces it with a shortcut file, sometimes because we don't know we are fooled by this shortcut virus.
When scanning for viruses, try not to use a laptop/computer for work. Do not also plug other devices into the laptop/computer. Wait until the virus scan process is complete.
Method 4. Restart the Laptop/Computer
After the virus scan process is complete, there will usually be a request to remove the virus, delete the virus until it is clean. When finished then restart your laptop/computer.
Sometimes several viruses damage the windows system, so even though the virus is clean, windows still error, so to overcome this is by reinstalling windows.
Method 5. Reinstall the Laptop
If after being scanned for the virus but Windows still has an error, then the last step is to reinstall the laptop/computer. Dangerous viruses do sometimes attack systems on windows, this causes the system to be slow, unable to boot, and hang.
Reinstall windows, after reinstalling then do a total scan on the laptop, and after that install the drivers and programs needed.
There are the most dangerous types of viruses, one of which is the Cryptolocker virus. This virus infects all data in your laptop/computer. This virus will give a message to you through all your files, that you have to make a payment so that the data on your laptop/computer can return to normal.
The tutorial service advice is when you feel the data on your computer/laptop is not important in the sense that you can copy it from another laptop, then just ignore it. Some of the tutorials on the internet that have been read do not really address this problem. Then the last step is to reinstall your laptop and format all the data on your hard drive. This is of course very sad, but this is one solution. If you do not believe it, please look for tutorials on the internet to overcome this virus.
But if this data is very important, then one way is to follow the wishes of the virus maker by transferring the requested amount of money. Usually in dollars, either a few tens of dollars.
This is a hands-on service tutorial experience in dealing with crypto locker-type viruses. I will provide tips on how to take care of a laptop/computer so that it is not infected with a virus.
How to take care of a laptop so that it is not infected with a virus
- Use an antivirus that is well known and easy to use.
- If you have enough money, buy a professional version of the antivirus. But if the money is tight, use the free version.
- Update every day the antivirus that has been installed on the laptop/computer so that every incoming device or virus that will infect it will automatically be detected and removed.
- Be careful when plugging in additional devices such as flash drives, memory cards, SD cards, etc. Make sure the device is scanned before use so that it is clean from viruses and ready to use.
- Always scan your laptop/computer every day to be free from viruses.
- When the antivirus has expired, immediately upgrade to a new one or download the latest version of the antivirus you installed.
- Do not just enter the website. Because there is a web that contains malware to malicious viruses.
- Download either mp3, video, etc. on familiar and well-known sites to at least avoid viruses.
- Every antivirus has an upgrade every year, make sure you renew the antivirus license.
Thus 5 Ways to Eliminate Viruses on Laptops / Computers Easily and Powerfully. May be useful