4 Ways to View Complete Laptop Specifications
Please note that the specifications of a laptop/computer play an important role in your digital work. When the laptop or computer that we use is slow or often loading, surely in our hearts we ask what are the specifications of the laptop you have?
Another reason why you should know the specifications of the laptop/computer you are using is, to facilitate repairs in case of damage. So you need to know the specifications of our laptop or computer so you don't buy the wrong one. Also Read: How to Install Office 2016
For example, when the laptop or computer ram dies. Then you will replace it with a new one. Now you have to know how many Giga the size of the Ram, and how much DDR. Don't make the mistake of buying a smaller ram or different DDR.
How to View Laptop Specifications
This time I will show you how to easily see the specifications of a laptop or computer.
Some laptops/notebooks have stickers attached that write down the detailed specifications of the laptop itself. However, not all laptop/notebook vendors attach stickers that provide information on the specifications of the laptops they make. The sticker usually shows how much capacity the HDD has, how much RAM is installed, and usually USB 3.0
How to View Laptop or Computer Specifications on Win XP and Win 7
- If your Laptop / Computer is still using Windows XP or 7 then it is quite easy to check the specifications. That is enough to click start, right-click on My Computer and click properties.
- By doing the method as above you will see the Windows version, Processor used and speed, installed RAM as shown below.
- But if you want more detail in checking, you can go through the DirectX Diagnostic Tools or easier dxdiag.
- The method is as follows. Click Start, then select Run. Type dxdiag in the Run box, press enter. If there is a Yes or No option, just select Yes.
- In the picture of the dxdiag box above, you can see in more detail what the specifications of the laptop/computer you have are. From the computer name, operating system, language, manufacturer, laptop model, BIOS type, processor, installed RAM memory and the version of DirectX used.
- If you want to see the graphics card device (VGA Card) just slide it to the Display section. You will see the Device Name and VGA Driver from your laptop/computer.
Well, that was how to see the specifications of a laptop/notebook that uses the Windows XP and 7 operating systems. If you are using the Windows 8 operating system, then the steps are as follows.
How to View Complete Laptop or Computer Specifications on Win 8 and Win 10
- Press the Win + R keys on the keyboard, then a Run box appears, type dxdiag then enter.
- The information window for your laptop's specifications will appear
- Almost the same as the dxdiag display on the win XP operating system but with fewer information pages. You can see the name of the computer, the installed operating system, the language used, the manufacturer, the model of your laptop/notebook, the BIOS used, the embedded processor and speed, RAM memory, and the version of DirectX used.
- If you want to see the installed VGA card, just swipe to the Display page, information about the graphics card used and the driver will appear.
To check Windows 10, the steps are the same as when in Windows 8.
How to View Specifications of a Laptop or computer using the Speccy program program
Speccy is a program used to check the specifications of your laptop/notebook in more detail. Speccy-like programs include CPU-Z, GPU-Z.
The steps are as follows:
- Download the application on the internet, just type in the browser with the keyword Speccy, then the website will appear at the top.
- Open the website and download it. There are 2 download options, namely free or paid. just choose free and choose an easy download, namely using filehippo, as shown below. Because if you use the piriform option you are asked to enter your e-mail address first and it will take a long time to process.
- You will be redirected to the filehippo website, click download
- Install the downloaded application then open it, wait for the analysis process proses
- A window will appear that provides information from the laptop/computer you are using. Speccy is very detailed in displaying the specifications of the laptop you are using
Check Laptop Specifications with CPU Z
In addition to the above method, which is using the Windows feature, you can also see the specifications on your computer or laptop with third-party applications such as Speecy and CPU Z. Here are the steps
- The first time is, you have to download and then install the CPU Z software first on the laptop.
- After the installation is complete, you just have to open it and you can see the detailed specifications on your laptop
- You can see in detail about the CPU such as processor name, core speed, ram, windows name, HDD capacity
- To be able to see the type of mainboard installed on the laptop, you can open the mainboard column that is already on CPU Z
- In the memory type column, you can also see the type of memory installed, while in the SPD column you can see your RAM slots and also various information about your RAM.
That's how to see laptop specifications. The hope is that you know more about the specifications of the laptop you are using. May be useful