Tutorial How to Reset Canon Pixma MG3170 Printer
The reason why the Canon MG3170 printer blinks 7 times and reports an error 5B00? This is also a question for many Canon PIXMA color inkjet printers, When the printer reaches a certain point (depending on the different printer line modes it can be 3000 to 5000 copies), the Canon machine will warn before the 1700 error. This is also the limit for low printer output, which needs to be reset for normal use
Currently, the Canon MG3170 printer reset software is used as a Canon Service tool, where the ST V5302 version is most widely used for ease of use, quick reset ensures the printer IC is not locked like other Fake software.
First, to reset the Canon MG printer 3170, you need to download the resetter: Free Download Canon Service Tool Pixma MG3170
To reset Canon MG3170 you must enter the machine's Service Mode:
- Turn off the printer but don't unplug it.
- Hold down the STOP button (arrow) and hold down the power button.
- Keep holding the power button (Power) and release the STOP button.
- Press the STOP button 5 times then release the power button.
- You will see 2 lights are no longer blinking, at that time your computer is in Service Mode.
- Set Canon Pixma MG3170 Printer to Service Mode
- Prepare 3 sheets of HVS paper in Printer Baking
- Run the Canon Pixma MG3170 Resetter Application
- Click EEPROM
- In the Clear Ink Counter option, select Play and then click Set
- In Set Destination Region Select the JPN option then click Set