27 October 2019
Tutorial how to Make or Create Your Own Website For Beginner Free Tutorial
There are certainly many questions that arise in the minds of everyone who plans to create a personal website, and one of them is how to make a website? If you are talking about website creation, there are some fundamental things that you should be aware of because it will determine the direction and development of the created online project. Because of this, it is very important for you, even anyone, to create a mature, Unforgotten plan that also learns and understands every option available.
On this occasion I will discuss how to create your own website using:
- Content Management System (CMS)
- E-commerce Scripts
- Website Builder
The above three tools do not exist and each has its advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, through this article, I try to mention and explain the aspects of what plays a very important role in the creation of the website, so it will be very easy for you to make a decision.
Here are the steps you should know about how to create the Web:
- Determining Website Ideas
- Step 2: Register a Domain name
- Step 3: Choose your Web Hosting
- Step 4: Choose a Platform and create a Website
- How to Create a Website in WordPress
- How to create a Website in Joomla
- How to create a Website in Drupal
- How to create a Website with Website Builder
- Create a plan to develop your Website
Defining ideas and topics is the first thing you should do before creating and consolidating websites. Browse the Internet and you can find dozens to hundreds of ideas there. Believe me, with proper execution, ideas and topics your website could have the potential to make a lot of money.
Start by defining the main objectives and functionality you want to implement on your website. Here are some types of websites that most people make:
1. Website e-commerce. The online store is one of the most visited site types today. With the growing popularity of drop shipping methods, everyone has the same opportunity to make their online business, which can be used as the main or side business opportunity. On e-commerce sites, you are allowed to sell a variety of goods, both digital and physical, to some audience around the world (methods that, unfortunately, cannot be done by physical stores).
2. Blog. Most of the successful webmasters and successful start their journey by throwing a simple question sentence: How do I create a blog. With its ability to cover a wide variety of topics, blogs can be a platform for business activities (e.g., affiliates, reviews, niche blogs) or that review hobby and activities (traveling, food, music, and books).
3. Educational websites. Have capabilities in a specific field? Why not try to make an online course or website that offers membership features? If you love to develop yourself in a hobby or a certain field, then it is worth it to make an educational website. With this website, not only sharing information, but you can also train yourself to become more expert in the field.
4. Website News. In the era of almost everything online, making news sites easier. Why? This is because many people are looking for news and information through various sources. If you like to share an evocative or astounding story, then make a news website worth trying. With this site, the delivery of information and messages becomes easier and more convenient.
5. Online communities. The number of online communities that all the time is increasing as if it is to alert you that now is the time to create and manage a community on the Internet. Because collecting the audience until it takes a long time, then do not be delayed. Create a community site online now!
6. Portfolio. To make your presence in the Internet world more glance, then one way is to display and demonstrate the capabilities and advantages that are in you. Create a portfolio site to get a variety of benefits, such as work calls and interviews, participate in contests or competitions, and business offers.
After you know what kind of website to create, then the selection of hosting and platform to convert the website will be much easier.
Step 2: Register a Domain name
Before discussing how to create a web, think of a unique name and catchy for your website.
Here are some tips and steps to find and create a domain name:
- Brainstorm on potentially website names.
- Use the online domain check feature
- Type or enter the desired domain name in the search feature.
- Choose the best domain name.
- Complete the order and domain registration.
- Create a domain with the extension. com. As the most popular and most widely used TLD,. com domains will be more memorable by your clients and visitor website.
- Create an alternate domain name. Have you ever mistyped the website name in the browser column? Likely, clients and visitors will also make mistakes as you do. So, I recommend creating an alternative from the primary domain name. By registering an alternate domain name, when a client or visitor is mistyped, they will still be redirected to the main homepage of your website.
- The domain name is made as short as possible. The shorter and more unique, the easier it is for anyone to remember your domain name. A domain name that is created too long will be hard to remember.
- Do not use hyphen and numbers. Connecting marks and new numbers are used when necessary. If not, do not insert the hyphen and/or number into your domain name as it will only increase the likelihood of mistyping.
The next step in how to create a website is to choose a reliable and trustworthy hosting. There are various web hosting options but look for one that suits your online project needs.
Shared hosting is a type of server that oversees many users and is aimed at small to medium scale websites. Think of shared hosting such as public transportation, for example, bus or train.
All websites use the same resource that comes from one physical server. Shared Hosting is an affordable option but it also has quite strict constraints. This limitation is determined so that each user has the same online experience and does not misuse the power.
What do you get in shared hosting?
Shared Hosting offers a variety of tools to create websites, such as:
- 1-click Installer. The most popular Setup tools, like e-commerce scripts, content management systems, blogging platforms, forum software, and more!
- Access Manager. Sharing personal account information with other users when you are required to work with many people is a very risky thing. So you don't have to share sensitive information, ' grant ' access to the service by using the Access Manager.
- FTP/File Manager. Easily edit files, directories, code by using a Web-based file manager.
- Weekly backups. Backup files and databases automatically through the Control Panel.
- Cache Manager. Caching enables your website to bypass the various PHP queries by creating a static page. The fast Website will make the client and the visitor comfortable and happy!
- Domain registration. Choose a Premium or Business hosting plan, you will always get a free domain in the first year.
- Powerful Control Panel. Create panels that will make it easier for you to manage everything efficiently.
Generally, shared hosting can be used by any type of website or online project. If, for now, traffic is not your main focus, then shared hosting is the right choice.
Cloud Hosting offers a shared hosting facility coupled with the sophistication of a virtual server. Equipped with cloud computing technology, cloud hosting offers the highest uptime by storing a copy of your website on multiple physical servers that work together. If there is one server down, then the other server in that cluster will ensure that everything still works as it should.
What do you get in cloud hosting?
In addition to the ease of shared hosting, you will get:
- A dedicated IP address. IP to the server is the only IP dedicated to you.
- Separate resources. Compared with shared hosting, the resources in cloud hosting will be provided entirely to you and cannot be used by other users.
- Free SSL certificate for life. Secure your site's clients and visitor data! Slowly but surely, HTTPS becomes the latest web standards of exposure so, inevitably, you have to pair this tool on your website.
- Cloudflare integration. Significantly add layers of DDoS protection, WAF, monitoring tools, and other advanced features
Usually, cloud hosting will be utilized by business websites that rely on the highest uptime and also expect large traffic flows.
E-commerce sites, large-scale projects, and news websites with a visitor coming back to access information can also rely on excess cloud hosting.
If you are looking for a hosting service that offers convenience and power but on the one hand you have no programming skills, then cloud hosting is the answer.
VPS stands for Virtual Private server and is a web hosting service of choice for users who want more freedom and control to manage the platform and website. It's just that, to run VPS hosting, you need to have server management skills and understand basic SSH commands.
In short, VPS hosting offers high-level customization of all available options. Starting from the operating system to the software stack, everything you can manage thanks to root access.
What do you get on VPS hosting?
- Dedicated IPS. Each VPS user gets a unique and different IP address and will not be able to be used by anyone else.
- 1-click the OS install. Choose the right operating system from a wide range of Linux distributions.
- Server snapshots. Save file and server settings with automatic backup/restore feature.
- Separate resources. All the power is in your grasp. There is no single user on the server that can log in and use your resources.
- Freedom to create and manage an environment. Root access allows you to create your own software and control various settings on the server-side.
In shared/cloud hosting, the server is preconfigured so you won't be able to even be allowed to change some things (for example, a bunch of software).
The un assignments, VPS gives you root access and complete freedom for you to create a solid foundation. If you want to make everything yourself, then choose a virtual server.
Step 4: Choose a Platform and create a Website
It's the process of making a website started! Remember, website creation depends heavily on the foundation you create. Even pre-made ideas and topics also determine what your website will be like.
Here are four frequently used tools:
- Content Management System. The best choice for blogs and websites that publish various articles/content. WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal are three CMS examples.
- E-Commerce Script. Judging from the name we already know if this software is used when you want to create an online store. PrestaShop, Magento, and WooCommerce are examples of e-commerce scripts.
- Website Builder. The tool that offers easy to create websites without having to know and master the programming language. Take advantage of a drag-and-drop interface that has been equipped with various features!
- Self-coded websites. If you know about web development, creating a self-coded site is not an easy thing. Although the manufacturing process takes a long time and effort, you can run any feature that is important for the development of the website.
Blogger is one of the choice places to make a website for free the most popular to 2 after Wordpress. The ease and granting of full access to the management make bloggers the right choice for beginners.
First, open your browser then type in the word search field "Blogger " can also be in the link of the browser then press Enter, the result will be like this:
On the Search browser page as above screenshot Select and click Sign or Create Your Blog
On the Blogger page select and click CREATE YOUR BLOG Then it appears a new browser dialog as below screenshot
On the Blog list page,> create a new blog title enter the Blog to be created, then enter the blog address can be retrieved from the blog title or with the combination of other words that correspond to the blog title
If the notification appears as shown below, it means the name of the blog that we enter is already used by others or not in accordance with the provisions of Google policy
Replace with the new blog address name, could add additional words at the base or the end of the address that is not available, or can also replace it with the name of the new blog address as a whole
If the blog name is available then there will be a notification "This Blog address available " with a checkmark. Click the blog name available, select the theme provided Google then Klick Create Blog
Until here we have managed to create a Blog, will appear a blog page that we create as below screenshot
To see the look of the blog we have created, Click See Blog, here is an example of the blog view that we've created earlier
For managing a blog such as replacing the default Blogspot theme, how to create a post, registering a blog to the webmaster tools you can find the discussion in full via the Sitemap menu.
Now you already know how to create a website on Blogger, even understand its basic principles.
Want to create a website now?
How to Create Your Own Website in WordPress
As the most widely used content management system, WordPress allows ready to create any type of website. Some people utilize WordPress as a blogging platform, but you can also turn it into an e-commerce site even web reviews by using a wide selection of features and plugins.
- You don't need to understand the programming language. The best thing about WordPress is the ease for anyone, even beginners, to create a website without mastering coding or programming language. Only, if you already have a coding skill and want to run your own environment, WordPress can make it happen.
- One of the CMS at affordable prices. WordPress has a library of plugins and themes, whether it's paid or not, that you can install and activate to create an engaging and responsive website.
- It has complete information and a great community. A large community of experienced developers and bloggers makes it less difficult to find solutions and answers related to Wordpress.
At Hostinger, installing WordPress is not a difficult thing. The latest version can also be searched by using the Auto Installer tool.
Follow the three-step install and CMS WordPress can be used in a few minutes!
Be careful when the install process is because you have to create an administrative users and enter information related to basic settings.
Once WordPress is successfully installed, type domainanda.com/wp-admin In the browser column to be able to log into the WordPress dashboard.
When on the login page, enter the information you created when the install process is running.
Through the back-end panel, please manage anything related to WordPress websites, content, and users.
Themes and Designs
The variety of themes available is one of the advantages of WordPress. Whatever design you want to apply, you'll definitely find it in this CMS.
The official WordPress theme repository only contains more than 6000 options! Thousands of these themes you can search by opening Appearance > Themes through the dashboard.
To see the preview mode and install the theme from the WP theme repository, select the ADD New option.
If you want to edit the theme, please click Appearance > Customize.
I know and realize that choosing one of the best themes among 6000 other options is not an easy thing. That's why I've summarized the free and best WordPress themes in this article.
Content and Pages
In WordPress, you can upload and create these three types of content:
Pages – Basic units on all websites. In this area, you can create static/permanent pages that don't need to be changed at any time. For example, "About me"; "Contact me"; "Home"; And so on.
Posts – areas where you can create a variety of dynamic content, such as articles, blog posts, and guest publications. If you make changes or updates, then post metadata will display the last time the edited content, which of course can affect the website rankings in search engines.
Media – such as image, video, and audio files. Once uploaded, you have to attach this file to your posts and pages.
Plugins and extensions
Another WordPress advantage is the number of plugins that you can install and you'll be able to bring new features and functionality. Select the Plugins option, then click Add New and install the required plugins. Installed plugins are stored in the Installed Plugins area.
Here are the 11 best WordPress plugins that offer a variety of ease when creating a website:
1. Yoast SEO
This Plugin provides basic optimization of search engines that are needed by almost all websites.
With this plugin, you can:
- Add meta titles and meta descriptions to your posts/pages.
- Check if the number of keywords is in accordance with the ' demands ' for your post to appear on the front page of the search engine.
- View information and tips related to readability
- Get a variety of advice and tips in connection with how to improve on-site SEO.
The tool that makes it easy for anyone who wants to transfer a WordPress-based website.
With this plugin, you can:
- Create a full backup for your WordPress site.
- Merestore backups are made with All-in-One WP Migration.
- Search and find all backups in one area only.
- Selects the content/elements that must be imported or exported.
Powerful Plugin that can turn WordPress into an e-commerce site completely.
With this plugin, you can:
- Create products and categories.
- Add Shopping cart feature.
- Configure a variety of payment methods.
- Enable shipping and VAT charges.
4. Really Simple SSL
Slowly but surely, HTTPS becomes the latest standard of eligibility for all types of websites. Google Chrome has now tagged websites that only install HTTP by giving a ' not secure ' alert.
To install HTTPS, you need to purchase an SSL certificate first. At Hostinger, this security certificate can be purchased once for a lifetime. Even the installation of SSL is easy, in just one click. It's just that installing HTTPS on WordPress-based websites isn't easy.
Fortunately, the Really Simple SSL plugin can make it easier for you to enable SSL on WordPress-based websites! This Plugin will:
- Redirect all requests from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Update the site URL and home.
- Fix insecure warnings or mixed content.
This all-in-one Toolkit has a variety of useful features that have been developed by WordPress developers.
Use this plugin to collect important statistical data and complete advanced tasks, such as:
- Enable social media sharing features.
- Receive a notification in case your website is down.
- Highlight related posts in each article.
- Improve image quality (e.g., lazy loading or carousels).
Give audience or visitor an opportunity to contact you through the contact form.
With this plugin, you can:
- Create a contact form
- Create shortcodes for ease of insertion.
- Enable the reCAPTCHA or Akismet spam filter.
Extensions aimed at improving security on each WordPress-based site.
With this plugin, you can:
- Running malware/virus scans.
- Enable Web application firewall.
- Configure brute-force protection.
- Block certain countries or IP addresses.
Make it easy for the visitor to navigate your pages and posts by creating an automatic table of contents.
Although it looks simple and simple, the Easy Table of Contents plugin has a range of the best configuration options. You can:
- Select the heading you want to include.
- Doesn't bring up a table of contents in certain posts.
- Set themes and color schemes.
- Add labels, hierarchy, and more!
The optimized image will increase site speed. Image optimization is one of the easiest WP tasks you should be able to do.
With this plugin, you can:
- Compress the new image after uploading it.
- Optimization of existing media.
- View saved stats.
- Resize images based on height and width.
Presenting a forum column can be one of the best ideas for your website. bbPress is a plugin that will help you install the forum.
With this plugin, you can:
- Integrate Forum board.
- Specifies the roles for the forum user.
- Create Threads and
- Send an email after a user successfully registration.
11. Beaver Builder
Sometimes you want to edit and add something on the page, but unfortunately, the default WordPress editor is not enough to fulfill your wishes.
Beaver Builder has an additional interface so you can design each page as you wish. Easily change TEXTBX positions, apply CSS/JS, and much more!
Reportedly, WordPress plans to replace its default editor with a new one named Gutenberg. This Editor has not been introduced in its official form and format but will be included in the latest version of WordPress.
Now you already know how to create a website in WordPress, even understand its basic principles.
Want to create a website now?
How to Create Your Own Website in Joomla
Another CMS whose popularity is also towering is Joomla. Joomla has been a rival to WordPress for a long time and is known as the second most popular CMS after WordPress.
As a content management system, JOOMLA can be used to:
- Make all kinds of websites. With a wide range of modules, you can create any website, from simple blogs or forums to large-scale e-commerce sites.
- Search for information and solutions. Joomla can be proud because this cmCMS has the largest online community. Because of this advantage, you can easily find the answer and the solution to the questions and difficulties experienced.
- Turn new features off without having to master the programming language first. The ease that Joomla offers guarantees that every webmaster, even a new one, can create an engaging and responsive site.
The easiest way to install Joomla is to use the Auto Installer. In Hostinger, AutoInstall is located in the Control Panel.
Enter the basic information and create a user administrator so you can proceed to the install process.
Finished! The next step is to create a website.
To get into the back-end Joomla site, type the URL domainanda.com/administrator.
To be able to access the dashboard, enter the administration information that was already created during the setup process.
A simple layout will appear. In this layout, you can control any aspect related to your Joomla-based site.
Templates and Design
For the visitor to click and get to know your site further, the first thing to do is to find and install an interesting and eye-catching template. Joomla offers two templates by default. Unfortunately, both of these templates have a minimalist design and in them, there are few important features.
Although Joomla does not provide a built-in theme library that can be accessed through the dashboard, you can still install the template by searching for it on the Internet. JoomDev and ASTemplates are two sites that offer a theme for Joomla.
To install the Joomla template, open Install Extensions.
Choose three methods to setup:
- Upload the Package File. Please drag-and-drop the template file that has been compressed. The rest will be done Joomla.
- Install from Folder. This process allows you to upload template files to specific locations that are in your web hosting account.
- Install from URL. If you have a direct link pointing to a template file, you can use that link to add the template to your Joomla site.
Important! Be cautious when you download and install templates from third parties or untrusted sources. I recommend that you use templates provided by the official and trusted websites.
Articles and Content
There are 3 types of content that you can create in Joomla:
Articles are basic publishing units in Joomla (as well as WordPress posts). Here, you can attach each post to a specific category and add tags so that articles and posts can be more neat and organized.
Categories make it easier for you to group the articles that have been published based on specific criteria. This way, the visitor will have no trouble finding the content they need.
Media, an area where you can upload images, videos, audio files, PDFS, and other visual content. Later on this media, you can add to various articles.
Extensions and Modules
If you use Joomla, then you should know how to add new features to the website. Fortunately, this work is not so difficult.
Joomla has a wide range of extensions both free and paid. This extension can be installed directly through the dashboard. You only need to install the additional modules that appear when you open the Install Extensions tab.
After that, you'll see a library of plugins that have been grouped by specific categories.
Here are 8 best Joomla extensions that will make your website easier:
1. Akeeba Backup
The powerful Tool belongs to Joomla that will handle all migration needs and backups of websites. With this extension, you can:
- Create a full backup website.
- Merestore backups to any server that supports JOOMLA.
- It doesn't include specific files/folders or database tables.
- Choose one of several compression formats.
Letting your audience and visitor communicate with you means widening future opportunities and opportunities. With this plugin, you can:
- Create and install a contact form.
- Secure the contact form from spam by activating the CAPTCHA.
- Setup forms to collect criticism and suggestions.
- Use various instances of the contact form that you have created.
If the website has managed to get a loyal audience, then it is definitely you want to make an income from there, right? With this plugin, you can:
- Use the article interface to add product and product types.
- Setup various payment methods.
- Enable a one-page checkout.
- Configure taxes and various currencies by zone.
High-quality images make it easy to attract visitor attention so they'll click and access your website. One of the best ways to display images is to use sliders or slideshows. Sliders or slideshows is raised with the help of a free extension, in the form of DJ-ImageSlider.
- Compatible with all major browsers (Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari).
- A drag and drop building interface is available.
- Many customization options.
- It can be run in any area of your website.
Having a website with the fastest performance gives its own advantages. In addition to making the visitor comfortable when accessing your site, the website with a reliable speed will have a good ranking in the search engine. This extension will improve the performance of your website by:
- Merge CSS/JS files into a single file.
- Apply Minification and gzip.
- Add a background image to a single sprite.
With this extension, you can maximize the SEO potential on the JOOMLA website. Here are some key features of sh404SEF:
- Management meta title/description.
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager integrations.
- Automatic redirection from error page 404 to an uninstalled alternative.
- Customizable error pages (e.g., 404; 500).
Since Joomla is known as a content management system, then some people use it as a blogging platform. If the default feature is not enough, this extension will complement it so that all your website needs are met. Install EasyBlog and get:
- New and improved article Interface.
- Support for Google AMP and Facebook Instant Article.
- Migration Tool for easy transfer of websites from other platforms (for example, WordPress).
- Social media integration (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest).
Social media platforms are one of the most frequented places on the internet. Your site can take advantage of this platform to enhance your audience browsing experience. With the JFBConnect extension, you can:
- Setup user accounts by allowing them to use their social media data.
- Enable 1-click Login using the largest social media platform.
- Enable comment/like/sharing feature via Facebook/G +/Twitter.
- Schedule automatic article sharing.
Now you already know how to create your own website in Joomla.
Want to create a website now?
How to Create Your Own Website in Drupal
Another biggest player in the world of content management systems is Drupal. Although indeed, Drupal differs slightly from WordPress and Joomla.
As we've already known before, WordPress and Joomla don't require the user to master the programming language. However, this is different from Drupal. If you want to create a website in Drupal, you should have skills and knowledge in the field of web development. To date Ni, Drupal is one of the powerful and safe CMS among developers.
Here are some of the advantages that Drupal has:
- High flexibility and scalability. The perfect platform for small and large online projects. If you know about Web development, then Drupal is the right CMS for different types of websites.
- Various free modules. Whatever the feature, you can find it in a library that contains more than 40,000 free modules.
- Focuses on the creation and publication of content. Since Drupal is categorized as a CMS, it's easier to publish the publication. Search for anything you need to publish content on the dashboard.
In Hostinger, Drupal can be installed in just a few minutes. Use Auto Installer to install Drupal!
Enter the basic information for the installation process along with the user administrator information. In a moment Drupal is ready to use.
To get to the Drupal back-end dashboard, type the URL domainanda.com/user/login In the browser address field.
Through this panel, you can control and manage every aspect of your Drupal-based website.
Appearance and design
The first thing your website needs is an interesting look. The official Drupal theme repository has over 2,500 options!
Templates are searchable based on the Drupal version, theme status, stability, and other filters.
Here are the steps to install the Drupal theme:
1. Click the Appearance option in the top navigation menu.
2. Select the Install new theme option.
3. Paste the theme URL or select the archive stored on your computer.
4. Click Install and complete the Drupal template setup process.
Content and Pages
Add posts, write articles, create landing pages – all of this you can do easily in Drupal. This activity can be accessed in the Content area.
In this area, you can create:
- Content, a place to add articles (publicans can be organized by time) or a basic page (for example, ' About me ').
- Comments, places you make to accommodate messages and comments written by the visitor.
- Files, where storage images and other media files you upload while creating your content.
Modules and functionalities
Lastly, I'll talk about Drupal modules and how to add new functionality to the website.
To install the feature, go to the Extend option in the top menu.
There are some core modules serial every time Drupal is installed. You can also find more than 40,000 Drupal modules in its official repository.
Here are the steps to install the Drupal module:
1. Click the Install new module option.
2. Paste the URL module or select it from the archive stored on your computer.
3. Click Install and complete the Drupal module setup process.
Now you already know how to create a Web in Drupal CMS.
Want to create a website now?
How to Create Your Own Website with Website Builder
If you are not a developer, then the Website builder is the best choice for creating and designing websites. Everything from themes to SEO and cart features can be managed through the dashboard only. Even this tool also offers drag-and-drop functionality that allows you to create all kinds of websites and other online projects.
The Web builder Tool doesn't require any additional setups. You just need to access the Website Builder tool through the Control Panel.
Make sure all other scripts have been backed up or deleted before using the tool. If the site is Dionlinekan using a website builder, then the existing files will be overwritten.
Layout and Design
Creating a view that attracts a visitor's attention is the first step to take. In the Web builder, there are more than 200 free templates. You can also import ANY TYPE of website using the built-in migration tool.
There are themes with different categories for any website. From landing pages to hotels and e-commerce sites.
After finding the right theme, you will be directed to the Website builder interface.
Tool and process creation Website
At the top of the screen, there is a menu that displays tools for website creation. Let's take a look at what tools are on the menu.
The first Tool you see has basic functions, such as:
- Tool for publishing, saving and backing up.
- Preview feature
- Undo/Redo Options.
- Resets the current project.
- Adjusts responsiveness (responsivness) levels based on device.
You'll also see a bunch of powerful features to design and compile your site, such as:
- Shopping cart feature.
- Various payment methods.
- Social media integration.
- Location Services via Google maps or Bing maps.
- Add videos via YouTube.
- A tool to create buttons, blocks, and menus.
Finally, take a look at the tool in the top-right menu. With this tool you can control and manage various aspects of the Teksnis, for example:
- Create pages and navigation.
- Set Language.
- SEO factors (e.g. Meta title, meta description, keyword, permalink, and Force HTTPS).
- Website identity (favicon, background, style).
Now you already know how to create a simple website using a website builder.
Want to create a website now?
Step 5: Create a plan to develop your Website
Now you already know the different types of web hosting and the best tools to create a website. However, the trip is not finished. Quite the contrary, the journey has just begun!
Here are eight tips you should try if you want to make the best website ever.
Know your Niche
Define the niche and the direction to which your website will be developed is one of the most important things that should not be done. Without careful planning, it could all seem pointless and messy.
Some things to consider:
- Be aware of passion. If you do something wholeheartedly, then the result will be maximized. Also, the opportunity to succeed in the future will also be wide open. For example, you like reading, creating a blog to review what books are already and being read is a good starting step towards success.
- Evaluate the market. Seeing and knowing what people on the Internet are often looking for can give you a general idea of what content/products should be owned and developed. Use tools like Google Trends, KWFinder, and Answer The Public to see search terms and questions related to your niche
- Looking for information about who competitors in your niche do you know that rivals or competitors can be the biggest source of inspiration, moreover if the competitor has a name in the field? From them, you can get an idea of what your website would be like if it was managed and developed. Also, the majority of competitors offer an affiliate program that you can use to learn how to get a new user.
- Brainstorm against unique ideas. Open the document application and write down all the ideas that cross your mind, whether it feels weird or normal. Making a perfect, mature plan requires dedication and a short time, so look carefully at the steps, as small as anything!
Using Google Analytics
Making a decision can be a very difficult activity if you have no data to support any consideration made. Therefore, collecting statistical data is a very important thing to do if you want to succeed in the online world. One of the tools that you can use to check and collect statistical data is Google Analytics (GA).
In GA, you'll get information about the audience, such as where they know your website, whether they make a purchase, how much time they can explore your site, and much more!
Don't worry if this is your first time using GA. Google has in-depth information and course about Google Analytics. By reading and following this short course, you stay on the right track. Here are the online courses you can follow:
Resource usage Monitor
By ensuring the Web performance, your site will avoid downtime and unnecessary problems. Therefore, you need to check how many resources your site uses over time.
When more and more people are opening and accessing the site, and you see a huge surge of strange and unnatural, then that means the website needs more power or you, inevitably, should lower the use of resources by doing Optimization.
Creating a Staging Environment
An important factor for website growth and development is regular updates and the addition of new features. There are two main things to be aware of:
- Feedback from visitor/user. Users or visitors who comes and accesses your site should not be ignored. Any changes you make should prioritize quality of time indicating that the user is comfortable and satisfied when accessing your site. Therefore, there is a need to collect feedback from a visitor or users.
- Staging Environment for website development. Testing new features added to online websites is not the best move. You can – you can instead see an error notification on the screen if something goes not as it should be. To avoid this, create a local testing site with XAMPP or use the ADD Website feature to create a staging subdomain.
None of the websites do pass through failure. Many website owners have to fix their mistakes repeatedly. The most important thing that you have to come up with every problem and the failure is to take your wisdom and best conclusions while stepping forward.
Using the HTTPS protocol
Slowly but surely, HTTPS will be the latest eligibility standards for all the Web. If a site receives and stores sensitive information (such as passwords, personal information, and payment information), then the installation of HTTPS becomes a MUST.
Here are some uses for SSL/TLS:
- Increase the SEO rankings. Search engines, like Google, prefer websites with HTTPS than just installing HTTP.
- Gain trust. Visitors and users know that sensitive information they enter is stored and well protected on your site.
- Avoid secure alerts. Since Chrome version 68 was released, websites that only use HTTP will get a ' not secure ' alert right next to its URL.
To install HTTPS, setup your SSL/TLS certificate first.
For more information, you can read in the SSL install Guide.
Security should always be a priority for anyone. Unfortunately, lately, most people do not feel safe, moreover, with the presence of various threats on the Internet. Here are some threats that can happen at any time on your site:
- DoS/DDoS attacks is a type of internet attack in which a site will be flooded with a lot of requests. As a result, the pages of the site will respond very slowly or become unresponsive at all.
- If your site installs a comment field or a contact form, people can simply send ' trash ' there. We recommend enabling security features (for example, CAPTCHA) to protect the Comment field or contact form.
- Brute-Force attempts. This type of attack refers to someone who is trying to guess the password of your site by inserting various combinations of passwords (usually by using a special script).
- Injection and Vulnerability. One type of attack on the Internet that is categorized worst is when suspicious code or malware is ' injected ' due to the weak security level.
- Use of CAPTCHA. A simple but effective tool for combating spam, as well as protecting contact forms from abuse actions.
- Restrict login attempts. Create a timeout or pause time about 5-10 minutes after the user enters the wrong password.
- Installing security plugins. If you create a website in WordPress, then a security plugin that can be used to add additional protection (unfortunately adds CPU usage) is Wordfence or Sucuri.
- Always update. The outdated Script will only add to the possibility of vulnerable or damaging security systems. That's why it's recommended that you periodically update your templates, plugins, and other things.
- Turn on Cloudflare. Not only secures your site from various cyber threats but enabling Cloudflare will also speed up your website when accessed from any number of locations or countries.
You must ensure the security of your chosen website platform. For example, in Hostinger, I create firewall rules and have real-time monitoring tools to block brute-force attempts, DDoS, XSS, and other Internet threats. This is intended for every website that is in my service to perform the best performance and avoid threats or online problems.
Improve Website speed
There's nothing more annoying than a website that's super long Loadingnya! Page speed and loading time play an important role in determining user convenience when accessing or residing on your website. In addition to having a high SEO rating, the website with fast loading will make the visitor more satisfied.
To see your site's performance, use GTmetrix or PageSpeed Insights by Google.
You can also search for other support information related to your site's performance in the Google Search field.
Plan Next Steps
Having a website means you have to be a visionary person. If the website is focused on business, then decide what kind of page to create. Let's say you want to create an e-commerce site. Things to be prepared are products and ways to get as many users as possible.
Brainstorm and write all the ideas you have on a small note. This way, you can see pretty significant developments over time. Also, these notes and planning provide convenience for you when you want to introduce a product or project in the future.
Congratulations! Now you already know how to create a website.
You've also learned some tips for website development and also a variety of the best tools to represent yourself in the online world. So... What are you waiting for?